Let's Talk over Coffee....

The BakerWoman

Photobucket

The blog about this Bibik who loves to makan, masak & indulge! FOOD IS LOVE, THANKS & NUTRITIOUS!

Blogs I enjoy reading:

  • Renzze
  • Elaine
  • Apple
  • Fashionista
  • Raves
  • Peranakan cooking
  • Peranakan Cultures
  • Nostalgic Singapore
  • Second Shot
  • MY EARLIER POSTS

    Thursday, May 07, 2009

    Chicken Rice in Purvis Street

    YY Coffeeshop, Purvis Street


    Since I was heading to NLB (National Library) in Bras Basah today, I went to Purvis Street for my favourite toasts & chicken rice........its brunch for me.....and yes, I do have a great appetite when it comes to food........
    If you walk down historic Purvis Street, Hainanese food are scattered alongst the row of shophouses. Killiney Kopitiam, Hainan 2nd Street Restaurant, Hock Lam Beef Noodle, Chin Chin to YY Coffeeshop.
    I used to patronise Chin Chin in the 90's where pork/lamb chops were served. Typical Hainanese food prepared by authenthic Hainanese chefs.......simply shiok!
    YY Coffeeshop serves the best peng kang lohti! Other than toasts, I had chicken rice today.......hor fun, fried beehoon (for breakfast), wantan mee, side dishes are also available here.
    Nice cozy kopi tiam!

    The Bakerwoman - Coffee Talk at 3:31 PM 1 comments


    Layout Design by Hajira Thanks to:Getty Images BlogspotBlogskins